The Sheffield Metropolitan Hotel is ideally located in the Quay-Side district, just 5 minutes' walk from Sheffield Train Station and the city centre. The Peak District National Park is only 20 minutes' drive and we are also just a short walk away from top attractions such as the award-winning Millennium Gallery, the Winter Gardens, Kelham Island Industrial Museum, Sheffield City Hall and Ponds Forge. And if you are planning on visiting the Sheffield Motorpoint Arena, a quick tram or taxi ride will take you there!
Manchester and Nottingham East Midlands airports are both around an hour and a half away from the hotel.
Manchester Airport offers a direct rail link to Sheffield both day and night.
The closest Train Station is Sheffield Midland train station, located 0.6 Mile away from the hotel. Guest can walk to the hotel in about 10 minutes and take a bus from opposite the train station to near the hotel.
- - From the North and South, exit M1 Junction 33,
- - Follow dual carriage way and signs for Sheffield (A630 which becomes A 57) for approximately 4 miles to major traffic lights signposted Lower Don Valley.
- - Move into right hand lane. Go right at traffic lights onto Derek Dooley Way (dual carriageway)
- - In left hand lane follow dual carriage way through traffic lights to next set opposite Wicker Pharmacy
- - Bear left at traffic lights. At next set of lights bear left, don’t go straight on as it is a bus gate and you may be fined.
- - Cross over bridge and then turn left to the hotel car park (there is a hotel sign). Please park in any available space and make your way to the hotel reception.
Car parking is available at the hotel. Spaces are limited and are on a first come first served basis. Accessible spaces are also available. Hotel parking is charged at £5.50 per 24 hours.
Alternatively, car parking is available at the Castle Gate Q Park on Broad Street West, also charged at £5.50 per 24 hours.
There is an NCP car park behind the hotel. Please note the hotel as no affiliation with this car park and that it is closed between 22:30pm – 06:00am, charges are variable.